Monday, November 12, 2007

ALBUM POST :]

ALBUM POST :]

I think that the music is pretty good and it has a strong message. It was saying that you should leave the bad stuff in your life and move on so that you make your life better. Also that you can make a bad situation better by changing the way you look and think about things. I actually enjoyed listening to some of the songs, but some, not so much. They all sounded the same too me, like the beat and the voice. I liked the lyrics a lot, while I was listening to the album, I looked up the lyrics for the songs and they were pretty good, a lot were talking about two people sticking together, saying like, I’ll side with you, if you side with me. All of the songs end with talking about sticking together and staying with each other. The sound of the music is like depressed sounds to me. The songs start off where he’s all alone and then by the end he ends up with someone. It’s almost as if he wants\ needs someone to be there and at first he starts off with nobody and in the end finds someone and asks them to care about him and just stay with him. Also, in some of the songs, he runs away from his problems. Like in Hate It Here and Shake it Off he tries running away from his problems, acting like nothing is wrong. He knows that he should try and fix them, but he doesn’t try, he acts like nothing is wrong. His music is very soothing. He also has very short lyrics, but they get right to the point. He sounds like he has lived a very depressed life. Also, he talks about leaving a lot and about the blue sky and the clouds. In almost about every song, he talks about getting out of where he is and leaves and moves on and goes somewhere else, because anything will be better than where he is now. The songs beat that is really different from the rest is part of Shake It Off, It has this up beat sound to it, compared to the rest of the album. I think that he needs to make it so all the songs don’t sound the same because when I first was listening to it, I couldn’t really tell when a new song started because all of the music sounds pretty much the same. Also, I think he shouldn’t write all these songs about the same thing, I think he should combine some of the songs so that there longer, because most of them are sending the same message, so why not put them in the song together and just make the song longer. Then he could write new songs about other problems he is having and have new beats for those songs. There are some good things in the album and there are some bad, but overall I thought it was a pretty good album, and I would listen to it again if I wanted to listen to something good.

1 comment:

Rory said...

becky:

1. break into paragrpahs.
2. nice job not using too many commas.
3. writing is becoming much more concise.
4. "They all sounded the same too me"...what's wrong with this?
5. He also has very short (choose a better word here) lyrics,
6. GREAT INSIGHT ON THEME, AUDIENCE, AND DRAMATIC SITUATION.